[ejabberd] Client statistics script?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Sat Aug 16 05:47:52 MSD 2008

Peter Schwindt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering what clients my users are using (percentage and
> such). Has anyone here on this list already created some script for
> checking out above information?

IMHO, basically your server would need to send a service discovery query
to every connected client. I don't think ejabberd does that now, and I
don't know if it can be configured to do so.

> To ask another question: Is there a possibility to check whether clients
> are (have been) connected via classic SSL / plaintext / starttls?

We ran those numbers recently at the jabber.org service, using a script
that badlop wrote for us. I'm sure he can post it to the list.

> (I'm running some ejabberd 1.1.4-4 / amd64 )

This might be easier with ejabberd 2.x.

/psa