[ejabberd] Client statistics script?

Stephan Maka stephan at spaceboyz.net
Mon Aug 18 00:08:38 MSD 2008

Peter Schwindt wrote:
> I'm just wondering what clients my users are using (percentage and such).
> Has anyone here on this list already created some script for checking out
> above information?

Lucas Nussbaum did this with a C jabberd:
  http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=284

The script used to collect the data is available as an XMPP4R example. I
just updated it to support ejabberd's "online users" discovery node:
  http://github.com/astro/xmpp4r/tree/master/data/doc/xmpp4r/examples/advanced/versionpoll.rb

Be aware that this may generate huge amounts of traffic. Especially the
discovery response will be very big for crowded servers.

Stephan