[ejabberd] ejabberd freezes a few hours later

Taner Taş taner at pardus.org.tr
Fri Aug 22 10:13:13 MSD 2008

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:58:30 +0200
"Zbyszek Żółkiewski" <zbyszek at toliman.pl> wrote:

> You did not provide ANY usefull information: backend? system? compiled or
> packaged version? logs? erlang?

Ok, here is some information:

Distro: Pardus Linux
Kernel: 2.6.25.14
Ejabberd: 2.0.1-2
Erlang: 12.3

Now ejabberd freezed again and ejabberdctl command gives this output:

RPC failed on the node ejabberd at localhost: nodedown

Server runs with this command:

    startService(command="/usr/bin/erl",
                 args="-pa /usr/lib/erlang/lib/ejabberd-2.0.1/ebin \
                       -sname ejabberd \
                       -s ejabberd \
                       -ejabberd config \"/etc/jabber/ejabberd.cfg\" \
                                 log_path \"/var/log/jabber/ejabberd.log\" \
                       -mnesia dir \"/var/lib/jabber/spool\" \
                       -kernel inetrc \"/etc/jabber/inetrc\" \
                       -detached"

I attached last 100 lines of log. It seems for me there is nothing weird with log.

Best Regards

Taner Tas