[ejabberd] ejabberd freezes a few hours later

Zbyszek Żółkiewski zbyszek at toliman.pl
Fri Aug 22 10:33:30 MSD 2008

did you try to attach to ejabberd node?, does ejabberd crash with core dump?
i see you have erlang 12 - i am not sure of all isues were resolved
regarding this version - perhaps someone can confirm that - as far as i
remember R11 is highest recomended version.
Also check if some component not causing server instability (overloading
etc)

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 08:13, Taner Taş <taner at pardus.org.tr> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:58:30 +0200
> "Zbyszek Żółkiewski" <zbyszek at toliman.pl> wrote:
>
> > You did not provide ANY usefull information: backend? system? compiled or
> > packaged version? logs? erlang?
> >

> Ok, here is some information:
>
> Distro: Pardus Linux
> Kernel: 2.6.25.14
> Ejabberd: 2.0.1-2
> Erlang: 12.3
>
> Now ejabberd freezed again and ejabberdctl command gives this output:
>
> RPC failed on the node ejabberd at localhost: nodedown
>
> Server runs with this command:
>
>    startService(command="/usr/bin/erl",
>                 args="-pa /usr/lib/erlang/lib/ejabberd-2.0.1/ebin \
>                        -sname ejabberd \
>                       -s ejabberd \
>                       -ejabberd config \"/etc/jabber/ejabberd.cfg\" \
>                                 log_path \"/var/log/jabber/ejabberd.log\" \
>                       -mnesia dir \"/var/lib/jabber/spool\" \
>                        -kernel inetrc \"/etc/jabber/inetrc\" \
>                       -detached"
>
> I attached last 100 lines of log. It seems for me there is nothing weird
> with log.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Taner Tas

pozdrawiam,