[ejabberd] Intermitent s2s issue with Gmail

Lionel Dricot zeploum at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:52:39 MSD 2008

Hello,

I'm using Ejabberd 2.0.1 (package from Ubuntu Intrepid which already
contains the /etc/resolv.conf fix, AFAIK) and I have intermitent s2s problem
with gmail (and only gmail).

My server is Fritalk.org and I believe that the SRV fields are correct. Most
of the time, connection with gmail works and, suddenly, for an unknwon
reason, Gmail contacts disappear with a 404 error.

I didn't had any problem at all with Ejabberd 1 (I didn't even had any SRV
fields) and it seems that, on the Ejabberd website, all fixes are related to
/etc/resolv.conf and SRV, which is already done here.

Am I the only one ? Is there any explanation ? Any fix ?

Thanks in advance,

Lionel