[ejabberd] [patch] Create muc room with a function call

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 14:26:09 MSD 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Eric Cestari <eric at ohmforce.com> wrote:
> Here is a small patch that allows creation and configuration of a room
> without building stanzas and routing them.
> It's useful if you have a custom ejabberd module creating muc rooms on
> behalf of a client.

I wrote a similar function in mod_muc_admin, but it required more
calls to get options, etc. I'll check if your option can be included
in mod_muc internals.

> Commiters, would I have more patches to send your way, would you rather I
> create a ticket in Jira directly, or should I send them on the list ?

My opinion: a ticket for each unrelated patch (if possible) is a good
way to _publish_ your findings, because you saved some time to
reviewers; and you get automatic emails when something happens with
your tickets.

Optionally, if you consider they are quite interesting, sending a
summary to the mailing list is a good way to _announce_ them to people
that do not check the bug tracker.

BTW, if you use SVN, it would be preferable to build the patches using:
$ svn diff >create-muc-api.diff

----