[ejabberd] Fwd: directed presence issue

anders conbere aconbere at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 02:08:13 MSD 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adam Pisoni <apisoni at geni.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:07 PM
Subject: directed presence issue
To: Anders Conbere <aconbere at gmail.com>

We're seeing what appears to be a bug in an edge case regarding
directed presence and the session manager.  Basically if the only
presence sent is a directed presence (that is presence to a full jid),
it doesn't appear the presence of the bare jid is updated in the
session manager.

Here's the scenario.  jid1 comes online and sends a directed presence
to jid2.   jid2 receives presence fine.   jid2 then tries to send a
message to jid1 at which point ejd gives a 503 saying that resource is
unavailable.

If the presence that jid1 sends is undirected, then jid2 can send
messages to jid1.

Any idea why we'd see this behavior?  Is this a bug?

thanks,
adam