[ejabberd] ejabberd IM Client name

Jack Moffitt jack at chesspark.com
Thu Aug 28 03:16:47 MSD 2008

> I was trying to find if there is an easy way to get the IM client name
> of every user currently connected. I currently have mod_statsdx
> running, but unfortunately this comes with a predefined list of client
> names, so I have a majority of connections are listed as unknown. I
> was curious if anyone was aware of another module or command that I
> can run in the erlang shell to get these stats.

The way to do this is to find all the connected users and send each of
their connected resources an iq:version request.   This may be what
mod_statsdx does.  If so, those "unknown" clients probably do not
respond to iq:version.  This is something you can easily test by
sending the iq:version request yourself manually and checking the
response.

jack.