[ejabberd] ejabberd IM Client name

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:07:47 MSD 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Jeffrey Rogiers
<jeffrey.rogiers at gmail.com> wrote:
> mod_statsdx actually has a static list of clients it will keep track
> of. I am looking for a way to get all of these values on the command
> line or have a mod_statsdx that is dynamic enough to accept all client
> types.

You didn't mention the simplest solution: add the undetected clients
to the static list.

I imagine in the long term it would be preferable that the module
handles that dynamically:
 - the amount of different XMPP clients is increasing, and having a
static list will never be complete
 - the amount of different XMPP clients that connect to a given server
is probably a small percentage of all that exist, so having a static
list is overkill.

However, note that some clients lie about their software name (I
remember at least two: JAJC and Cocinella). And a malicious/buggy
client can provide random client names, so your dynamic list grows
infinitely.

---