[ejabberd] MOTD for MUC rooms

James Mandelis jamesma at gamesys.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 14:26:06 MSD 2008

Hello Michael, thank you for answering.

I am aware of this particular XMPP spec as I looked already in the
documentation. I thought there might be, either an undocumented way, or
an "appropriate" way to implement/tweak it.

I simply want to be able to set announce messages MOTD per specific chat
room.
Chat rooms have already a theme, but I also want to be able set
different MOTDs for each chat room, as some announcements should be only
room "interest" specific.

Is there maybe, some kind of special JID addressing I can use to make
announcements to a specific room?  This way, I might be able to modify
mod_announce to be chat room specific capable, or use a bot to do it.

james