[ejabberd] limit in amount of joined muc-rooms?

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Tue Dec 2 13:34:51 MSK 2008

Hi!

I am doing tests with a chatbot connecting to ejabberd. The bot joins
several mucs. Whenever it tries to join more then 10 muc-rooms, ejabberd
denies access to the bot. For me this limit is way too low, at least
50-100 rooms should be possible, and eventually amounts in the magnitude
of 1000 rooms.

I tried to locate a setting influencing this, but I could not find it.
So how I can I relax this limit?

The bot reported: "Could not create room 'test_3f at localhost', Probably
server limited number of presences in MUC-rooms."

Testing with Psi, I got the following presence stanza in the xml-console
when I try to open the 11th room:

<presence from="test11 at conference.localhost/winf" type="error"
xml:lang="en" to="winfried at localhost/tinie" >
<priority>5</priority>
<c xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/caps" node="http://psi-im.org/caps"
ver="0.11-dev-rev8" ext="cs ep-notify html" />
<x xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/muc"/>
<error type="cancel" code="503" >
<service-unavailable xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/>
</error>
</presence>

thanks a lot for your help,

Winfried Tilanus