[ejabberd] Components, addressing specific connections

Arne Claassen arne at getorganyzd.com
Mon Dec 8 00:17:37 MSK 2008

I've been doing programming against client connections so far and some
of my uses are running into issues with rosters, so i thought i'd re-
implement as components, but it seems i loose the benefit of routing
to a particular connection and can't even broadcast to all
connections. Are there configuration options for  ejabberd_service
that allow you to defeat round-robin and introduce resource affinity?

I.e. if one connecton sends a message to client and the client
responds, is there a way to make sure the response actually gets back
to the originator not the next connection in the round robin pool?

thanks,
arne