[ejabberd] Modify presence probe response for offline clients

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Dec 15 18:20:57 MSK 2008

Evgeniy Khramtsov wrote:
> Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
>
>>   3.  Else, if the contact has no available resources, the server MUST
>>       either (1) reply to the presence probe by sending to the user the
>>       full XML of the last presence stanza of type "unavailable"
>>       received by the server from the contact, or (2) not reply at all.
>>
>> and I'd like ejabberd to use method (1) instead of method (2).
>

> You can use jabber:iq:last (XEP-0012) if you want to know last user's
> status.

True, but IMHO it is more efficient to send the last presence in
response to a probe, rather than forcing the client to send an IQ to the
contact's server and then receive a reply. The client has already
requested presence via the probe, why not reply to that?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/