[ejabberd] component scaling questions

Arne Claassen arne at getorganyzd.com
Tue Dec 16 01:27:59 MSK 2008

Any reason why your new instances can't also be butler.buddycloud.com?
ejabberd will roundrobin requests to all components that are connected
as butler.buddycloud.com. The question is mostly whether you need some
kind of initial affinity. There are balancing rules that let you stick
requests by from or to jid for subsequent requests, but the initial
request will be delivered to a random component in the list.

hth,
arne