[ejabberd] mod_shared_roster_ldap

Michal Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Wed Dec 17 04:34:07 MSK 2008

Hi list

I'm trying to get the mod_shared_roster_ldap to work, but I've no luck.

I'm using ejabberd 2.0.1 from debian backports, mod_shared_roster from
here http://realloc.spb.ru/files/ejabberd/mod_shared_roster_ldap.erl

The module seems to load fine

> =PROGRESS REPORT==== 17-Dec-2008::01:47:14 ===
>           supervisor: {local,ejabberd_sup}
>              started: [{pid,<0.6190.0>},
>                        {name,'mod_shared_roster_ldap_example_com'},
>                        {mfa,{mod_shared_roster_ldap,
>                                 start_link,
>                                 ["example_com",
>                                  [{ldap_base,"ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com"},
>                                   {ldap_groupattr,"cn"},
>                                   {ldap_groupdesc,"description"},
>                                   {ldap_memberattr,"memberUid"},
>                                   {ldap_memberattr_format,"%u@%d"},
>                                   {ldap_userdesc,"cn"},
>                                   {ldap_filter,"(memberUid=*)"}]]}},
>                        {restart_type,permanent},
>                        {shutdown,1000},
>                        {child_type,worker}]

But that's it. It doesn't search for anything in the ldap directory. As
far as I understand, the configuration is fine, but I can't get it to
contact my LDAP server at all.

I'm not sure, but it seems that the module was created for ejabberd
1.0.x, has the API changed as much as to render this module unavailable?

Best regards
--
Michal Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>