[ejabberd] Fix or workaround for EJAB-731 - shared roster fails to show new user accts

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 15:01:40 MSK 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> After a bit of investigation, it looks like we are being affected by
> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-731 on the OLPC XS. If I
> restart ejabberd, the problem goes away and all users can see
> eachother.
>
> - is restarting ejabberd graceful to the state of the clients?

When ejabberd is restarted, the TCP connections and processes that
manage users' sessions are stopped, right? The clients are kicked out
of the server and need to relogin. That ensures they get the updated
roster.

> - is there an altrnative workaround, something to force ejabberd to
> re-scan its list of users without a restart?

Yes, check
That new patch for ejabberd 2.0.2 fixes this and other problems
related to Shared Roster. There is a comment at the bottom of the page
with explanation of the changes.

If you try the patch, please tell me if all seems to work correctly.

---
Badlop,
ProcessOne