[ejabberd] Pubsub troubles

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 24 16:27:18 MSK 2008

Xavier Maillard wrote:
[...]
>> Looks like https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-817
> Looks like, yes. My question is now: how can I "patch" my current setup? :-D
If you don't have any meaningful data in pubsub currently, just do this:
1) Stop ejabberd.
pubsub_item.DAT
pubsub_node.DCD
pubsub_state.DCD
files in the Mnesia database directory.
3) Start ejabberd.
The tables will be recreated using correct attributes (for pubsub format
in 2.x series of ejabberd).

If you do have some sensible data, then you'll have to patch ejabberd
using the diff provided by badlop in EJAB-817, rebuild it and restart --
the tables will be converted at startup.

Yet another way involves some Erlang voodoo performed on the running
ejabberd instance. Unless you have some level of Erlang knowledge this
is mostly a no-go.