[ejabberd] start ejabberd on startup on ubuntu ( ejabberd built from source)

Pablo Platt pablo.platt at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 13:12:28 MSK 2008

Strange, 'ejabberd start' works but 'ejabberdctl start' give me the RPC failed message.

The xmlrpc module depends on mlrpc-1.13-ipr2.gz and xmerl. I'm not sure if these modules depends on other...

I've found a startup script and it works. Can it be included as an example in the ejabberd source code
so people can test it and improve it?
http://www.ostinelli.net/how-to-install-ejabberd-200-with-postgresql-support/