[ejabberd] hooks in a cluster

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 22:30:28 MSK 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Fabio Forno <fabio.forno at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering whether it
> is possible to register a hook from a erlang node different from the
> one running ejabberd.

Not possible in ejabberd right now.

> I'm asking because I've found several libraries
> allowing to simulate an erlang node in different languages, making
> easier to add extensions for the non erlang skilled.

I don't know about such libraries, do you know their names and homepages?

The idea looks interesting, or at least promising. I opened a ticket:
  Distributed Hooks

I implemented the feature so you can experiment with the idea.
I also wrote some example code in erlang, and a small guide to use it.
See the patch attached in the ticket.
It's built for ejabberd trunk, but maybe also works for 2.0.x and 2.0.2.

If you finally get some results, please share your findings! :)
Or if you reject the idea after some investigation, please also
comment here why (efficiency/stability/...).

---
Badlop,
ProcessOne