[ejabberd] hooks in a cluster

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 23:08:46 MSK 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know about such libraries, do you know their names and homepages?

This is one for python/twisted:

https://launchpad.net/twotp

and I'm told there is an erlang jinterface for java which allows to to
the same thing

> The idea looks interesting, or at least promising. I opened a ticket:
>  Distributed Hooks
>  https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-829

Great, I'll checkout asap! I'm pretty sure this is useful since it
allows anybody to hack ejabberd...

> I implemented the feature so you can experiment with the idea.
> I also wrote some example code in erlang, and a small guide to use it.
> See the patch attached in the ticket.
> It's built for ejabberd trunk, but maybe also works for 2.0.x and 2.0.2.
>
> If you finally get some results, please share your findings! :)
> Or if you reject the idea after some investigation, please also
> comment here why (efficiency/stability/...).

Sure, and thanks to you for the quick "fix"

bye

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com