[ejabberd] More virt host woes.

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Mon Feb 4 23:32:43 MSK 2008

Brian Cully <bcully at gmail.com> writes:

> 	I'm at the end of my rope. I'm about to start just gutting ejabberd
> and making it not suck for virtual hosting. Has anyone else attempted
> this? Any advice on how to proceed? And patches already available that
> I can use? Any known gotchyas? Any explanation as to why ejabberd
> absolutely does not want to do this as it stands today?

I once wrote a quick hack, which other people improved upon:
http://www.ejabberd.im/node/1229#comment-2799

This is being tracked at
but it certainly needs more effort.

Basically, some modules have no way to be told that domains have been
added/removed, but they probably should.  (That is "module" as in
"Erlang file"; the "ejabberd modules", i.e. those called mod_*.erl and
implementing gen_mod, should be fine, I think)

--
Magnus
JID: legoscia at jabber.cd.chalmers.se