[ejabberd] Git repository?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Feb 7 18:11:36 MSK 2008

Hi,

On Feb 7, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Jérôme Sautret wrote:

>> I would be willing to help setting this up, probably with tailor. Is
>> there an interest on this?
>
> OK, I will create some read-only public .git mirrors for ejabberd and
> ejabberd-modules on our servers to experiment the solution.
>
> What is the preferred solution to do this ? What is the advantage of
> using tailor over a periodic git-svn rebase ?

I haven't experimented with git-svn in a scenario like this. It
should work no problems.

*But* cloning with git from that repo will not setup the proper
metadata for pushing back via SVN AFAIK.

So setting up a git mirror of the SVN repo could be done with git-
svn, but people cloning from this should not expect to be able to git-
svn dcommit from their clones.

I would love to be proven wrong, though :).

> Someone who have svn
> write access will be able to push back changesets into svn (if we
> decide to allow that in the future) ?

In my experience, yes if you use git-svn directly to create your own
repo.

But not from a clone of the mirror. I don't see this as a big
limitation for now, because people should send or attach to a ticket
the patches they want to integrate in to the mainline ejabberd.

Best regards
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org