[ejabberd] More virt host woes.

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 02:55:55 MSK 2008

On 8-Feb-2008, at 13:54, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Brian Cully wrote:
>
>> 	Honestly, I have to think that the ODBC stuff is done this way on
>> purpose to drum up sales for Process One's enterprise server. Anyone
>> with even the smallest amount of experience knows that you keep a
>> single persistent pool of connections around for these kinds of
>> workloads. As you would have to be extremely ignorant to employ this
>> code, or slightly malicious/greedy, my bet is on malice/greed.
>
> "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
> stupidity." -- http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/h/HanlonsRazor.html

	I'm familiar with Hanlon's Razor, I just don't agree with it all the
time. Particularly when Occam's Razor tells me not to.

> BTW, ejabberd is open source. Feel free to submit patches, or even
> fork
> it if you'd like.

	I have every intention of submitting patches once they're suitable.
They're large enough, however, that I'm not holding my breath for
their inclusion.

	I don't have any intention of forking, although I have to admit the
possibility given my constraints.

	Regardless, I think we can stick a fork in this thread. At least
until I try to submit  my patches to Process One. I appreciate all the
feedback and help I've received so far.

-bjc