[ejabberd] Bug in MUCs?

Peter Flindt (Lastwebpage) lastwebpage at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 21:06:25 MSK 2008

Hello,

Case 1:
I setup an not moderated room, each user who join it get automatic a
participant status and can write.
When I remove a participant status from an user, he can't write any
longer and get a message:
"Forbidden. The requesting entity does not possess the required
permissions to perform the action."

Case 2:
I setup a moderated room, each user who join get automatic a
participant status and can write. When I remove a participant status
from an user, he can't write any longer and get a message:
"Forbidden. The requesting entity does not possess the required
permissions to perform the action."

HMMMH, it seems to me it make no difference if the room is moderated or
not. In my opinion in case 1, each visitor should not get partipant
automatic and can write with the role "visitor".
In case 2, each visitor should not get partipant automatic and
shouldn't write with the role "visitor".

But, I must admit, I am not completly sure about the XEP 45, I only
notice that something seems to be wrong here.

Peter