[ejabberd] Unknown crash

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Mon Feb 18 15:58:18 MSK 2008

On 2/18/08, Peter Schwindt <peter.schwindt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday my ejabberd installation (jabber.ccc.de) crashed.
>
> Maybe someone can tell me, what reason I have to consider?

Enfile error means that you've reached a maximum number of opened
files. Ejabberd uses up to 3 files per user connection (i'm not sure
if this numbe is the same for HTTP-poll or BOSH connections), per
outgoing and incoming server connection. So, it's fairly easy to reach
the limit. Try to increase it using ulimit (OS side) and ERL_MAX_PORTS
environment variable (erlang side).

--
Sergei Golovan