[ejabberd] mod_vcard wildcard searching

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Thu Feb 28 11:37:05 MSK 2008

Hello,

Le 27 févr. 08 à 22:53, Jesse Thompson a écrit :

> Is there a way to enable '*string*' wildcard seaching in ejabberd,
> instead of just allowing a wildcard at the end of a query?
>
> Even better, it would me more intuitive if ejabberd dropped the need
> for asterisks and just assumed that all searches are unbound
> substring searches.

This is not possible yet. My only worry in making this default is that
it could increase the load in searching (and could become a possible
security problem).
If we go this way, we might have to introduce a throttling feature,
for example saying that we do not want more than N search during X
seconds.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/