[ejabberd] MUC handling of non-groupchat messages

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Jan 8 02:41:08 MSK 2008

Sergei Golovan wrote:
> On 1/8/08, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> At this point, ejabberd will kick user "bar" from the room. That seems
>> unfriendly, and potentially even a DoS. I think it would be better for
>> ejabberd to deliver the message or, if that is thought to be a problem,
>> at least ignore the stanza.
>
> I would say that the message must be delivered.

Well Section 7.9 of XEP-0045 says:

   a service MAY ignore or reject messages that do not have a
   type of "groupchat"

So that would seem to allow the component to ignore or reject the
message, but I think that rule was intended to disallow messages of type
"normal" or "chat" or "headline", not to break error handling.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/