[ejabberd] MUC handling of non-groupchat messages

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 19:24:54 MSK 2008

2008/1/9, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>:
> Badlop wrote:
> > In that case, Type should be 'chat', and From should be the user's
> > JID, not the room participant JID, right? Better something like:
>
> Correct, the client sends with no 'from' address so it's stamped by the
> server.

And Type should be 'chat', right?

> > I'm checking with Textshell if my proposed patch is enough to fix this problem.
>
> OK thanks.

He tried the patch and seems good.
It's now in SVN, and will be included in ejabberd 2.0.0.

> > BTW, this bug is tracked here:
> > MUC kicks a participant if sends a private message with type=error
> > https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-496
>
> Er, yes, I should have just reported the bug, right? My bad. I'll try to
> be better behaved in the future. :)

Well, I guess you prefered to ask first in the mailing
list/forum/chatroom because you knew this problem would need some
discussion to clarify it, and in fact it did :) Once the bug was
clarified, it was easier to report in the bug tracker.