[ejabberd] Gtalk and Gaim using ejabberd MUC implementation

Daniel Starin ds708 at columbia.edu
Sat Jan 19 01:48:32 MSK 2008

Hi,

  I manage my jabber accounts using Gaim.  I have two accounts, one on
my ejabberd server and one on gmail.  I can login to both of these
using Gaim.  The problem comes when I try to join MUC rooms on my
ejabberd server.  With my ejabberd user account, I can create and join
MUC rooms on the ejabberd conference server in Gaim.  With my gmail
account in Gaim, I cannot.  However, with the same Gmail account in
Gaim, I can join jwdev at conference.jabber.org so it seems like the
problem is ejabberd.  The ejabberd log didn't show anything when I
attempted to connect w/ the gmail account.

Thanks for your help,

Dan