[ejabberd] Ejabberd refusing to use mysql

Ryan Churches ryan.churches at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 22:30:37 MSK 2008

Hi Alexander, thanks for the reply!.  You will find my responses among
yours.

On Jan 19, 2008 6:19 AM, Alexander Tsvyashchenko <lists at ndl.kiev.ua> wrote:

> Hello Ryan,
>
> I'm not an expert, but just a couple of suggestions to investigate further
>
> > I've enabled my sql logs, and I can see that ejabberd never communicates
> > with the MySQL service.
>
> What is ejabberd version you use?

I'm using 1.1.4

> Have you compiled/copied to ejabberd execution path native MySQL driver?

I compiled them and copied them to /usr/lib/erlang/lib/ejabberd-1.1.4/ebin ,
which has a lot of other .beam files.

> What is the result of executing from erlang console with ejabberd
> running the statement like
>
> ejabberd_odbc:sql_query("<your-host-name>", "select 1").

Ive tried a few different queries, but no matter what I put in there I get
this:
ebin # erl -sname node1 ejabberd at thedude
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.5 [source] [async-threads:0]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.5.5  (abort with ^G)
1> ejabberd_odbc:sql_query("thedude", "select 1").
** exited: {noproc,{gen_server,call,
                               [ejabberd_odbc_sup_thedude,
                                which_children,
                                infinity]}} **

I've checked the mysql*.beam files in /usr/lib/erlang/lib/ejabberd-1.1.4/ebin/
and they have the same permissions as all the other *.beam files, and belong
to user jabber and are in group jabber.

Im not having much luck googling around for this.  I know I built ejabberd
with ODBC support.  Do you have any more ideas?