[ejabberd] Ejabberd refusing to use mysql

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Sun Jan 20 00:19:54 MSK 2008

Hi Ryan,

It looks like ejabberd_odbc_sup is not started - in 1.1.4 version it
is started from ejabberd_auth_odbc.erl.

Please try executing the following code before attempting to run
queries (the code is taken from ejabberd_auth_odbc.erl):

Host = "<your-host-name>",
ChildSpec =
	{gen_mod:get_module_proc(Host, ejabberd_odbc_sup),
	 {ejabberd_odbc_sup, start_link, [Host]},
	 temporary,
	 infinity,
	 supervisor,
	 [ejabberd_odbc_sup]},
     supervisor:start_child(ejabberd_sup, ChildSpec).

Does it make any difference to the result of subsequent queries?

P.S. BTW, is upgrading to ejabberd-2.0.0-RC1 a possibility for you? If
yes, I would recommend to do that - I believe DBMS things are a bit
more clean there.

Good luck!                                     Alexander