[ejabberd] Ejabberd refusing to use mysql

Ryan Churches ryan.churches at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 00:46:55 MSK 2008

Alexander,

Thanks again for the reply.  I hope I did this right:

3> Host = "thedude",
3> ChildSpec =
3> {gen_mod:get_module_proc(Host, ejabberd_odbc_sup),
3> temporary,
3> infinity,
3> supervisor,
3> [ejabberd_odbc_sup]},
3> supervisor:start_child(ejabberd_sup, ChildSpec).
** exited: {noproc,
               {gen_server,
                   call,
                   [ejabberd_sup,
                    {start_child,
                        {ejabberd_odbc_sup_thedude,
                            temporary,
                            infinity,
                            supervisor,
                            [ejabberd_odbc_sup]}},
                    infinity]}} **
4> ejabberd_odbc:sql_query("thedude", "select 1").
** exited: {noproc,{gen_server,call,
                               [ejabberd_odbc_sup_thedude,
                                which_children,
                                infinity]}} **

I'd probably just not use MySQL rather than use 2.0-rc1, or if that's not an
option, try a different xmppd.  The last time I tried to go from gentoo
portage to svn i had all kinds of new problems, and I ended up not even
getting as far as I did now.

Everytime I install something outside of portage I complicate my life a
bit.  perhaps I should learn to make .ebuilds