[ejabberd] Problems getting ejabberd 2.0-rc1 running

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Wed Jan 23 02:45:34 MSK 2008

I am completely new to ejabberd, so I am not sure what to expect.

I built ejabberd from source and checked it ran.  This seems to work
fine with the example config supplied.

I have edited the config to my needs, and now starting ejabberd seems to
cause it to crash (there is a erl_crash_xxx file in the log directory.

I am left with some stray erlang processes lying around.

I have loglevel set to 5, but it seems to crash too early for it to log
anything.

Where do I go from here to try and find out what is wrong??

I have one question about the configuration that is puzzling me.  I am
trying to set up a trial system for another domain
(melindasbackups.com) on my home system.  I therefore put a

{hosts, ["melindasbackups.com"]}.

line in the config file.  When I run ejabberdctl I assume its default of
localhost is totally unrelated to the virtual host that this server is
supporting

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk