[ejabberd] Issue with presence broadcast not being sent

Taylor Laramie taylor.laramie at globalrelay.net
Thu Jan 24 15:55:47 MSK 2008

I posted this to the community forum but there's been no response. Might
as well try my luck here ;)
I had a complaint from one from one of our clients today that one user
appeared to be offline to everyone else on the shared roster. Only upon
re-logging back in did he appear to available to everyone else.
I checked the logs and I can see the presence broadcast from the server
to the user's jid with everyone elses address in the 'from' but I don't
see the subsequent broadcasts of vice versa. Upon relogin though I see
the proper order of events.
Has anyone encountered this before or a reliable means to reproduce it?

--
Taylor Laramie
Systems Administrator