[ejabberd] Problems with the MSN transport

Stian B. Barmen stian at barmen.nu
Thu Jan 24 16:36:48 MSK 2008

And maybe other transports, and I believe it is ejabberd related though I
cannot confirm this.  What happens is that after a few hours after a system
or ejabberd restart the transport start loosing messages going out from the
server. Incoming is no problem, but outgoing is loosing 30-40% of messages.

I tried this myself sending 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and on the receiving end of a
standard MSN client I get 1,5,7,9 for instance, reversing it works perfect.

Earlier I had the same problem, that time I changed the shaper to fast and
that solved it, but now I don't know what to do. Only a ejabberd restart
seem to work. (just restarting the transport does no good)

Any tips? Can I do anything, log anything just give me a hint. Hoping it is
a known issue ;)

Best regards

Stian B. Barmen

www.jabber.no