[ejabberd] ejabberdctl dump does nothing

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:16:46 MSK 2008

2008/1/24, Adam Kalsey <adam at imified.com>:
> On 1/23/08, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan at nes.ru> wrote:
> > you are likely to find
> > the dump in /var/lib/ejabberd directory or whatever current directory
> > of beam process running ejabberd is.
>
> Perfect, that was it, and I've got a few dozen dump files there. I was
> expecting it to be in the current working directory, not in beam's
> directory.

Just for reference: since ejabberd 2.0.0-beta1 the dump files are
stored by default in the same directory that ejabberd log files. And
the file names indicate the date when ejabberd was started.

Example:

$ ls -1 /var/log/ejabberd/
ejabberd.log
erl_crash_20080101-125504.dump
erl_crash_20080101-133741.dump
erl_crash_20080108-121807.dump
sasl.log

This isn't described in the ejabberd guide yet: