[ejabberd] How can you use the log to understand a problem

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Fri Jan 25 03:21:12 MSK 2008

On Thursday 24 Jan 2008, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I have, presumably, made a mistake in my ejabberd.cfg file, because
> after the last edit ejabberd will not start.
>
> The sasl.log indicated a crash - how can I use the information to
> find out what is wrong.  Los of careful reading by hand is not
> helping

I am really struggling here.  I am slowly paring back the config file
until its almost empty, but ejabberd has got to a point where it will
not start.  Either there is a crash and erlang leaves a dump, or
sasl.log shows an error.

Is it like the database has got screwed.  Is there something I can do
about it?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk