[ejabberd] Gtalk and Gaim using ejabberd MUC implementation

Andreas andreas at unstable.nl
Fri Jan 25 22:19:16 MSK 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:53:41AM -0500, Daniel Starin wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  My server has a fully qualified domain name
> (I specified it when ejabberd installed, and it matches the server
> part of my jabber accounts on the server).

I said make sure your *MUC component* has a FQDN. Eg.

jabber server: 		unstable.nl
its muc component:	muc.unstable.nl

The fact that the MUC has a FQDN makes sure it's reachable by the gtalk
servers.  If your MUC component has a local address like "muc", or points to
a local IP like 192.168.1.100, it will only be reachable by your own jabber
server.

--
    -- Andreas	[ http://unstable.nl | gopher://unstable.nl ]