[ejabberd] authentication problems with RC1 and postgresql

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 03:25:36 MSK 2008

2008/1/20, snacktime <snacktime at gmail.com>:
> Using the binary installer (and the postgresql schema from source) I
> configured ejabberd to use postgresql.  I can register a user but
> authentication fails.  Ejabberd is querying the database for the
> password, and the user is there with the correct password, but
> something else is causing the authentication to fail.
>
> Attached is my ejabberd.cfg.  Any ideas what the issue could be?

Your config file seems correct.

I had never before tried PostgreSQL authentication in ejabberd. But
your problem report intrigued me, so I had to try it :)

I installed ejabberd from ejabberd SVN trunk. I got pgsql Erlang
driver from ejabberd-modules SVN trunk. Installed PostgreSQL, created
the database and configured ejabberd to use it for authentication.

A Jabber client created the account correctly. However later it was
unable to login. The account was correctly stored in the table
'users'. The password was correct, but ejabberd complained:
not-authorized.

Then I had a wild idea, and got a slightly older version of the pgsql from SVN:
svn up -r 412
Compiled, installed and ejabberd now allows me to login correctly!

So the problem is related with this commit:
  https://forge.process-one.net/changelog/ejabberd-modules/pgsql?cs=438

You can compile the modified file yourself, or get it here:
http://tkabber.jabber.ru/files/badlop/pgsql_util.beam
If you try, tell me if it solves your problem or not.

 ---