[ejabberd] Source documentation?

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:33:43 MSK 2008

	Is there any documentation or guide as to the ejabberd internals? I'm
having a hard time locating anything. At the moment, I'm trying to
discern the difference between ejabberd_config:get_local_option/1 and
ejabberd_config:get_global_option/1.

	My assumption was that local would be "local" to the domain part of a
JID, but there are a number of local options which do not key by the
domain. Also there are global options which deal with domain level
details (host rule matching in acl:match_rule/3).

	I need to make some changes to ejabberd (1.1.4) in order to support
vhosting w/o restart. At this point it looks like it's going to be
highly invasive. If there's any docs on the internals it would help
tremendously. Or if anyone's already looked into this and found a
solution or set of patches.

	Thanks,

-bjc