[ejabberd] My first ejabberd module

Adam Duston adam at 8planes.com
Tue Jul 1 12:23:22 MSD 2008

Hi, I'm an XMPP and Erlang beginner but I would like to write a module
that allows users to play a game with each other. Users that connect
to my module will be grouped together in triplets, and each member of
the triplet will be assigned a color by the server. Users can then
send messages to the server to alter their color, and the other
members of the triplet are informed of the new color scheme of their
group. I see a few ways to develop modules under "ejabberd API" at
http://www.process-one.net/en/wiki/ejabberd_module_development/ . It
appears that the most straightforward way to connect with ejabberd is
through the ejabberd route table, just like mod_echo.erl. Is this
correct? Does anyone have any other words of advice or examples?
Thanks very much for your help. Adam