[ejabberd] Unexpected auth error on pubsub (2.0.1)

Stefan Arentz stefan.arentz at norad.org
Thu Jul 3 18:05:17 MSD 2008

I'm getting an unexpected error when I try to create a pubsub node.
I'm sending this as user fluts at galactica.local, which can succesfully
login.

This is what I send:

<iq type="set" from="fluts at galactica.local"
to="pubsub.galactica.local" id="create1">
    <pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
       <create node="/home/galactica.local/fluts/xxx"/>
       <configure/>
    </pubsub>
</iq>

This is what I receive:

<iq from='pubsub.galactica.local' to='fluts at galactica.local/Galactica'
type='error' id='create1'>
       <create node='/home/galactica.local/fluts/xxx'/>
       <configure/>
    </pubsub>
    <error code='403' type='auth'>
       <forbidden xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>
    </error>
</iq>

My ejabberd.cfg is completely default. It has the 'all allowed'
condfiguration for pubsub:

%% Everybody can create pubsub nodes
{access, pubsub_createnode, [{allow, all}]}.

{mod_pubsub, [
    {access_createnode, pubsub_createnode},
    {plugins, ["default", "pep"]}
]},

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. THis is basically the same XML as
listed on

  http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_pubsub-usage

Does anyone understand what is going on here?

  S.