[ejabberd] ejabberd "temporary shutdown" problems

Aman Gupta ejabberd at tmm1.net
Fri Jul 4 06:38:18 MSD 2008

I've had this happen a few times now.. erlang continues to run, but ejabberd
is no longer listening for connections:

$ yaourt -Ss ejabberd
community/ejabberd 2.0.0-1 [installed]

$ erl -v
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.3 [source] [64-bit] [smp:4]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

ejabberd.log:

=INFO REPORT==== 3-Jul-2008::02:48:04 ===
Mnesia('ejabberd-9550 at localhost'): Data may be missing,
Corrupt logfile deleted: "mnesia/PREVIOUS.LOG", {file_error,
                                                 "mnesia/PREVIOUS.LOG",
                                                 system_limit}

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 3-Jul-2008::02:49:37 ===
     Supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
     Context:    child_terminated
     Reason:     shutdown
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.62.0>},
                  {name,mnesia_monitor},
                  {mfa,{mnesia_monitor,start,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,3000},
                  {child_type,worker}]

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 3-Jul-2008::02:49:37 ===
     Supervisor: {local,mnesia_kernel_sup}
     Context:    shutdown
     Reason:     reached_max_restart_intensity
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.62.0>},
                  {name,mnesia_monitor},
                  {mfa,{mnesia_monitor,start,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,3000},
                  {child_type,worker}]

=ERROR REPORT==== 3-Jul-2008::02:49:37 ===
Mnesia('ejabberd-9550 at localhost'): ** ERROR ** (could not write core file:
system_limit)
 ** FATAL ** Cannot open log file "mnesia/PREVIOUS.LOG": {file_error,

 "mnesia/PREVIOUS.LOG",
                                                          system_limit}

=INFO REPORT==== 3-Jul-2008::02:49:37 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: shutdown
    type: temporary

I'm not sure what file_error and system_limit are referring to.. perhaps I'm
hitting the max ports limit?

  Aman Gupta