[ejabberd] component connections to ejabberd

Christopher Zorn christopher.zorn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 00:19:13 MSD 2008

Hey, I have recently downloaded ejabberd 2.0.1 and found it to be quite
nice. I have been able to do exactly what I have wanted, except for one
thing. :)

I am having a problem with component connections. I use jabberd2 often and I
connect components to one port. I configured ejabberd for component
connections and have added the hosts that will connect to it. They all seem
to connect correctly and the handshakes go through.

However, when I send data to one, it goes to the last component that
authenticated.
For example :

 {5347, ejabberd_service, [
                            {access, all},
                            {shaper_rule, fast},
                            {ip, {127, 0, 0, 1}},
                            {hosts, ["match.localhost", "search.localhost",
"profile.localhost"],
                             [{password, "secret"}]
                            }
            ]},

If I send data like <iq to='match.localhost"/> it will go to  the
profile.localhost component. match does not get it at all.

Any ideas as to why? If this is not supported I can always run components on
another server and use s2s, but I would like to be able to connect to
ejabberd.

Thanks!