[ejabberd] component connections to ejabberd

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 00:28:34 MSD 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Christopher Zorn
<christopher.zorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I have recently downloaded ejabberd 2.0.1 and found it to be quite
> However, when I send data to one, it goes to the last component that
> authenticated.
> For example :
>
>  {5347, ejabberd_service, [
>                             {access, all},
>                             {shaper_rule, fast},
>                             {ip, {127, 0, 0, 1}},
>                             {hosts, ["match.localhost", "search.localhost",
> "profile.localhost"],
>                              [{password, "secret"}]
>                             }
>             ]},
>
> If I send data like <iq to='match.localhost"/> it will go to  the
> profile.localhost component. match does not get it at all.
>
> Any ideas as to why? If this is not supported I can always run components on
> another server and use s2s, but I would like to be able to connect to
> ejabberd.

I'm new too ejabberd too, but I've faced this "issue" few days ago. It
seems that you have to setup a different service on a new port for
each component you want to connect. The multiple domains in the config
examples are ment for a unique component handling more than one
domain.

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com