[ejabberd] Microblogging with Ejabberd

anders conbere aconbere at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:55:17 MSD 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Mickaël Rémond
<mickael.remond at process-one.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> Le 26 juil. 08 à 23:36, Badlop a écrit :
>
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
>
> Interesting project using ejabberd and RabbitMQ.
>
> http://github.com/tonyg/rabbiter/tree/master
>
> ejabberd + RabbitMQ, nice mix of programs :)
>
> Actually, when you use Erlang you have already at hand a messaging API
> (Erlang is about sending messages to process queue), that's why when doing
> "native" development I never came to a situation where I need to use the
> AMQProtocol.
> Anyway, it is nice if your requirement is to use this protocol however.

I mean I think it's nice in that 1) it facilitates interoperability
between languages, 2) it's highly optimized for some of the common
messaging use cases (multiplexing, one-to-one, delayed delivery, etc.)

So for instance if you were trying to build a very large scalable
pubsub system, you might want to have a messaging engine that was
special designed for routing millions of messages a second :)

~ Anders