[ejabberd] Trouble with apache/jwchat/http-bind

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Tue Jun 3 18:23:25 MSD 2008

Hi,

is there a method to get detailed debugging output from ejabberd?

I have some trouble with a ejabberd (1.1.4 from ubuntu 8.04), but
unfortunately it does not give any hint in the logs:

I have the ejabberd and two test-clients:

- Kopete
- An apache web server with jwchat connecting to http-bind and
  http-poll.

The first problem:

Although both clients see each other and go into a chat, they actually
can't talk, i.e. the kopete (regular 5222) can send to the jwchat,
but jwchat can't send text to kopete. Although I see traffic on Port
5280, ejabberd seems to silently discard.

Sometimes the webbrowser with jwchat complains about a communication
error. A trace shows that ejabberd answered a

POST /http-bind/ HTTP/1.1.

with a

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.

Any idea where to start with debugging?

BTW: where would I find a description of the http-bind and http-poll
methods and which one is the preferable one?

regards
Hadmut