[ejabberd] benchmarking ejabberd

Pablo Platt pablo.platt at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 17:07:12 MSD 2008

Hi,

I want to benchmark ejabebrd installation on my server.
I thought of using Tsung.

I have a question about using Tsung or any other benchmarking tool against real scenario with real users.
What will be the difference and how reliable the results are?

Are the virtual users that Tsung creates really concurrent meaning you can send packets to ejabberd
with several virutal users on the same time or is Tsung imitating the load by sending packets very fast in the same frequency as
would have been with several concurrent users?
Best,
Pablo