[ejabberd] problem with external components

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:57:14 MSD 2008

Hi,
I'm using ejabberd 2.0.1 and I have a little problem with the initial
handshake of  external components.

Accordingly to xep 114 the component should open the stream with:
<stream:stream
    xmlns='jabber:component:accept'
    xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams'
    to='plays.shakespeare.lit'> <--------

and the server should respond with:

<stream:stream
    xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams'
    xmlns='jabber:component:accept'
    from='plays.shakespeare.lit' <-----
    id='3BF96D32'>

to and from must be the same subdomain, instead ejabberd answers with
just from = "shakespeare.lit". After this, the routing of messages is
correct and I can send a receive messages from the component, however
this makes some troubles with component libraries which check the from
attribute.

bye

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.