[ejabberd] Node Clustering issue

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:07:10 MSD 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Matthew Reilly
<matthew.reilly at sipphone.com> wrote:
> For people using ejabberctl to start their servers, when setting up clustering, make sure to add the non-standard directory name. e.g.:
>      erl -sname ejabberd \
>          -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['ejabberd at first']" \
>          -mnesia dir "/home/jabber/database/ejabberd" \
>          -s mnesia
>
> Of course, this'll be different for each system.
> If you're using fully qualified node names, use "-name" instead of
> "-sname".

Thanks, I'll add this to the ejabberd Guide:

******************
erl -sname ejabberd \
    -mnesia dir "/var/lib/ejabberd/db/ejabberd" \
    -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['ejabberd at first']" \
    -s mnesia

Note: the Mnesia dir may be different in your system.
To know where does ejabberd expect Mnesia to be installed by default,
call \ref{ejabberdctl} without options and it will show some help,
including the Mnesia database spool dir.
******************

For example, in my system:
$ sudo ejabberdctl
RPC failed on the node ejabberd at localhost: nodedown

Commands to start an ejabberd node:
  start  Start an ejabberd node in server mode
  debug  Attach an interactive Erlang shell to a running ejabberd node
  live   Start an ejabberd node in live (interactive) mode

Optional parameters when starting an ejabberd node:
  --config file      Config file of ejabberd:    //etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg
  --ctl-config file  Config file of ejabberdctl: //etc/ejabberd/ejabberdctl.cfg
  --logs dir         Directory for logs:         //var/log/ejabberd/
  --spool dir        Database spool dir:         //var/lib/ejabberd/db/ejabberd